Friday 5 June 2009

Good Morning, My Lord

What I want to know is this: when the newly enobled Lord Sugar enters his pretend boardroom next spring to grill the assorted charlatans, muppets and evil bastards who want to be his apprentice, and says "good morning", they can't answer "good morning, S'ralan" any more.......... surely they're not going to say "good morning, my lord".
My bet is that the beeb will cock it up and we'll end up with the incorrect "good morning, Lord Alan".
Have you all seen this great letter that a hack has dug out of the FT archive from 1992? Classic Sugar. (Hat tip Farqs and the Speccie chaps)
Sir, I have noted with disgust the comments of a certain Mr Gordon Brown who has accused me of doing well out of the recession after reading the letter published in The Times from 40 top industrialists.I do not know who Mr Gordon Brown is. Excuse my ignorance, but I don't.
It doesn't get any friendlier. Sugar will claim that he knows Brown better now and rates him. My arse. He's compromised his independence for the ermine.

6 comments:

apricotfox said...

A propos of S'ralan...I have only just stopped crying with laughter over the cassette boy meets alan sugar video....give it a whirl..it's a hoot! Search google..cassetteboy vs bloody apprentice...

lilith said...

Thank you apricotfox! Hilarious.

Bill Quango MP said...

I think it may have been Dead Ringers. It went..

"I am looking for the teams to give me something I can make at Amstrad.
You lot have given me nothing. And we already make that"

Bill Quango MP said...

Waiting for Gord-to-Go.
Act 1 Scene 1.

“Nothing to be done.” says Miliband
“Nothing to be done.” sighs Johnson.

Curtain.

Act 2

{frenetic hat swapping scene.
The boy informs both men not to expect Gordot to go that day, but he might go the next day.}

Miliband: Well? Shall we make our move today?
Johnson: Yes, let's make our move.

They do not move.

FIN.

idle said...

Proof, if it were needed, that Sugar is a complete wanker. Thanks, foxy.

Very good, bingo. I may attempt the final cene of Brief Encounter tomorrow if I leave enough time between the Derby and the evening's festivities.

Tuscan Tony said...

The Tuscan bet yesterday was that it was pressure from Ann, his wife:

"Look ducky, the Tories will be in charge for the next 15-20 years, so this is my only chance to be a real Lady."

Alan, chin on chest and shoulders wilted, toddled off to his office and called Mandy:

"I've got this amazing surprise appointment idea for Gordon."

Poor sod.