1. 1992-97 John Major's government obtains a reputation for 'sleaze'. This largely rests on Aitken's perjury (proven), Hamilton's cash-for-questions (unproven) and David Mellor's sexual shenanigans.
2. May 1997 Blair: "We must be whiter than white"
3. October 1997: Blair meets Bernie Ecclestone. All pretence at honesty and integrity ends.
4. 2001: Blair is uneasy about having his MPs scrutinised. Sacks Elizabeth Filkin, Commons Satandards Commissioner.
5. 2001-2009: Most MPs abuse the system big time. Most MPs play the property market for personal gain with taxpayer assistance.
6. Today. Harriet Harman: “I know it looks bad, I know people are angry about it”.....
...... “ but in our system we do not have the level of corruption that remains in many other systems"
PHEW. That's alright then.